Established in 2001 by Principal Analyst & Consultant Steve Hawley, tvstrategies™ (Advanced Media Strategies LLC) enables video and broadband service providers, and the communities of technology suppliers and professional services organizations that support them; to deliver IP video services, securely, to any video-capable consumer device screen.
Services and Expertise
tvstrategies practice areas include:
- Program management, team leadership and product/service lifecycle management to define, build and operationalize streaming (Internet Protocol) video services, video delivery infrastructure, video apps and enabling software platforms
- Category expertise for the software categories that enable TV to work, including TV service delivery platforms, middleware, multiscreen security, apps, and anti-piracy infrastructure
- Business support for intellectual property matters and strategic development
- Marketing strategy and tactical marketing programs support
tvstrategies also produces technical category analysis and market research both privately and in collaboration with outside research organizations including Kagan (S&P Global Market Intelligence) and Parks Associates.
- Standards member: Society of Cable & Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), on the Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Standards Working Group within DS2.
- Professional Member: The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, New York Chapter (“NY Emmys”)
- The Videonet Awards, given annually at the Connected TV World Summit in London
- Cable & Satellite International magazine’s annual CSI Awards at IBC in Amsterdam
- Informa’s Video Tech Innovation Awards, given in London each year.
Publishing and journalism
- Publisher: Piracy Monitor and its bi-weekly newsletter
- Journalism: Independent contributor to Fierce Video, Videonet, nScreenMedia, and others. Monthly columnist for Telephony (which is no longer published)
- Editor of IPTV News from 2006-2008, which was published in printed magazine form at that time
- Speaking: Speaks at a variety of ‘IP video’-related industry events. Available to present relevant topics and thought leadership to industry audiences
- Conferences: Support to conference organizers in defining conference content and obtaining speakers; using an extensive industry network