Established in 2001 by Principal Analyst & Consultant Steve Hawley, tvstrategies™ (Advanced Media Strategies LLC) enables video and broadband service providers, and the communities of technology suppliers and professional services organizations that support them; to deliver IP video services, securely, to any video-capable consumer device screen.
Services and Expertise
- Program management, team leadership and product/service lifecycle management to define, build and operationalize streaming (Internet Protocol) video services, video delivery infrastructure, video apps and enabling software platforms
- Category expertise for the software categories that enable TV to work, including TV service delivery platforms, middleware, multiscreen security, apps, and anti-piracy infrastructure
- Business support for intellectual property matters and strategic development
- Marketing strategy and tactical marketing programs support
- Standards member: Society of Cable & Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), on the Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Standards Working Group within DS2.
- Professional Member: The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, New York Chapter (“NY Emmys”)
- The Videonet Awards, given annually at the Connected TV World Summit in London
- Cable & Satellite International magazine’s annual CSI Awards at IBC in Amsterdam
- Informa’s Video Tech Innovation Awards, given in London each year.
Publishing and journalism
- Publisher: Piracy Monitor and its bi-weekly newsletter
- Journalism: Independent contributor to Fierce Video, Videonet, nScreenMedia, and others. Monthly columnist for Telephony (which is no longer published)
- Editor of IPTV News from 2006-2008, which was published in printed magazine form at that time
- Speaking: Speaks at a variety of ‘IP video’-related industry events. Available to present relevant topics and thought leadership to industry audiences
- Conferences: Support to conference organizers in defining conference content and obtaining speakers; using an extensive industry network
About Steven Hawley
Steve Hawley is managing director of Piracy Monitor, which publishes a free newsletter and informational Web site to help rights owners and the broader media and entertainment industry ecosystem understand the risks associated with digital media piracy, and countermeasures and best practices against it.
Mr Hawley’s consultancy tvstrategies (Advanced Media Strategies LLC), offers consulting services and subject matter expertise for video providers, distributors, and to suppliers of professional services and technologies to the video industry.
He also is a contributing analyst to Parks Associates and S&P Global Market Intelligence, and is a contributor to the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning working group within SCTE (CableLabs).